Manage your accounts with confidence using Direct Alerts
Register for Direct Alerts
Direct Alerts let you know when important changes have been made to your account in online banking. This notification system will inform you of this activity, by text or email or both, as soon as it happens.
Register for Direct Alerts by signing into online banking. Click the Messages and Alerts tab to select your alert preferences. Select from the following alerts to be activated on your account:
- A new bill payee is added to your list of vendors
- An Interac e-transfer† recipient has been added
- Your online banking personal access code has been changed
- Your online banking account has been locked after three login attempts
- Your online banking account has been logged into
- An Interac® Online payment has been authorized
For more information about Direct Alerts, please contact our Member Contact Centre at 1.800.728.6440.
Due to potential carrier and internet service interruptions, it cannot be guaranteed that you will receive the alerts. If you have any concerns about your accounts, please visit the View Alerts History link on the Messages and Alerts tab.
If you believe you have been a victim of any kind of identity theft, contact the police immediately. File a report with them and get a copy for your records. Also contact all financial institutions you deal with to ensure your credit cards and accounts remain secure.
For a full list of steps to take if you suspect you may be a victim of identity theft, click here.